Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Why Me?

As an unsure teen I heard the  call,
I made excuses prolonging my stall,
Of all those You to choose why me,
To preach so others gospel might see,
Why me to walk this road of trust,
Others reject - obeying You I must,
Why Me to go where some won't,
When the easy way is mostly don't,
Why me to try to build my own ark,
A long hard journey I must embark,
Why me for such a loving kind flock,
Why me when prayers produced shock,
You chose me from the world's start,
To play in Your drama a chosen part,
Why me when others could do more,
Why me when others they'd adore,
Why me out of all those more trained,
Why me when my faith is so strained,
Why me when mountains block the way,
Why me, but I will follow what You say,
I gave You my word - a faith bathed yes,
Why You chose me is anybody's guess,
I'm humbled and honored at Your choice,
You have guided my path by Your voice,
I'm grateful You chose me for those sheep,
I come to the edge by faith take a giant leap.

No comments:

Post a Comment