Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Never Ever Underestimate The Power Of Prayer

I guess over the years I have probably written about prayer more than any other topic. To say I am passionate about prayer would be an understatement. Over the years I have shared many testimonies of how God answered and intervened in our lives and the churches we have served.

I have seen a lot. What I have seen the past two weeks makes me never underestimate the power of prayer even more. Suffice it to say I have seen the clear evidence of God at work. I have also enjoyed a front row seat to watch God answer prayer on multiple levels. In essence, He answered the prayers of multiple people to accomplish His purposes though they were not all praying the same thing. Yet they were all praying that the will of God be done. [I Jn 5:14-15] I saw Him do something I would have previously thought was impossible. NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH HIM. [Matt 19:26] Even I need to be reminded of that often.

I don't know your situation. Some are very challenging. No doubt you have prayed. You have poured out your heart until there is nothing else really to pray. Sometimes in between the prayer and the answer there are some challenging days. Days of testing. Days of incubation. Days of waiting. Long dreaded seasons of waiting. What is it you are waiting for God to do?

Your situation may look beyond hopeless. Long seasons of praying and waiting have not produced the desired results. It looks like it is over. The situation is dead. Beyond reviving. Don't be so quick to judge the power of God by feeble senses like what you can see. God specializes in doing the impossible. Ask Jairus about his daughter. Ask Lazarus.

God's power is not limited even in your hopeless situation. Sure you have a mountain or a few mountains in front of you. What is your mountain in comparison to God? [Mark 11:23-24] I watched twice God resurrect dead situations. It appeared hopeless. God flexed His muscle, willed the mountain to move in response to some fervent praying. [James 5:16] From my perspective God did what looked impossible. I underestimated the power of praying people and a prayer answering God. Foolishly I underestimated. I hope you will not do the same. He is able. [Eph 3:20] He is willing to give us what we desire when we desire Him most. [Ps 37:4] NEVER EVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF PRAYER.

No comments:

Post a Comment