Thursday, June 21, 2018

Encounter

I sat in the Bible study after lunch. A little tired from a full week at camp. God waited for me there. I encountered Him among sun burned and clearly eyed teenagers on our last full day of camp. The Bible study teacher taught two verses that hit me deeply. At first, I did not believe it was God. When the teacher turned to the second verse I knew that God intended those verses to get my attention.

Has that ever happened to you? Have the scriptures ever spoken right to your point of need and your heart? If so how did you respond? Did you accept truth and embrace the encounter? Did you reject and ignore it?

I couldn't ignore it. It seemed very plain to me God not only wanted my attention but went to great lengths to get it. Today the preacher got preached to. Those verses could not have been more timely. Eerily timely. Like God set the whole thing up. He had me in His crosshairs from the start of the day, the start of creation even.

I sat in my chair not knowing what He had for me. I do now and I am thankful for an encounter with Him. In less than an hour I'll walk the little drive to the metal worship building. We will sing songs of praise, hope and faith. One last time this year I will get up and share the message He laid on my heart for these students and adults. One more time I have prayed throughout the day that those students will have an encounter with God just like I did this morning.

Lord willing I will be back in Texas and at home tomorrow night. Before then I am trusting for more God encounters.

No comments:

Post a Comment