Wednesday, June 6, 2018

I Come

I come late in the midst of night sounds,
To the secret place where You are found,
To pour out my soul like water from glass,
I come to lay all my burdens down in mass,
Outside it's still dark there is no light of day,
Mirroring my heart filled with much dismay,
I come to find peace a safe place of refuge,
Trials like rain come in a torrential deluge,
I come for strength to continue the journey,
Wounded like a solder carried on a gurney,
In the quiet You are here, You've come too,
To encounter me secretly to lovingly renew,
To take from my weary shoulders my cares,
To rekindle faith and hope in fervent prayer,
You come to help in this my time of need,
To comfort me with words of truth I read,
I come to You for You're my hope and peace,
To be still before You all my strivings to cease,
I wait on You in this quiet place - sacred hour,
To meet with You and be refilled with power.

No comments:

Post a Comment