Friday, June 29, 2018

Serving Others To Glorify Jesus

Sunday morning after I get through preaching at Heritage Baptist Church I will change clothes and travel seven hours to South Texas with Taylor and Turner for a mission trip with Northside Baptist Church. We will be doing disaster relief and clean up for the victims of Hurricane Harvey. It will be my kind of mission trip. Serving. Hard work. Sweaty. Dirty. Hot. Humidity. We will sleep on cots in a church gymnasium. Not much about that will be comfortable to the flesh. I LOVE IT! Denying self. Takking up our cross. Following Him. [Matt 16:24] I will also get to enjoy doing it with two of my sons as well as with several other students and adults I have grown to love very much. An added bonus is I get to do all this with my college roommate whom I love like a brother.

Jesus served others. We are called to do the same. To get our hands dirty. To bow our knees in humility putting others needs before our own. We are to show the love of Jesus when it is inconvenient and when we are not on a stage or in the spotlight.  To help the down and out. To sacrifice time and money to meet the needs of others. We are called to be light in a very dark world. One way we show we are light is when we do works. When others see those good works we are to deflect any praise and glory to God. We want Him magnified and glorified. That is why we serve. [ IT IS NOT ABOUT US! IT IT IS ALL ABOUT HIM!

"Let your light shine before men in such a way they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is heaven." [Matt 5:16] NASU

No comments:

Post a Comment