Saturday, June 16, 2018

Groping In The Dark

Father, I wait in the night watches for You to speak,
Your mind, Your heart, and Your will only do I seek,
Your word my constant food to feed my starving soul,
Prayer my only weapon because I am not in control,
I submit before You who alone knows the direction,
Surrendered on Your altar to You I am in subjection,
Though I can never seem to find Your chosen way,
Groping in the dark both at night and in light of day,
Why is it so hard for me to hear, know and discern,
Knowing Your word lights my path like a lantern,
In this maze I try to find my way through to the end,
Hitting dead ends and road blocks time and time again,
You alone are my Counselor, my Way Maker and Guide,
For reasons unknown Your will You still choosing to hide,
Each time my course I chart and pull anchor  hoist the sails,
The sails grow slack limping - there is no power and no gale,
On this day perplexed in heart, soul and vexed in my mind,
I resolve Your will to know prayerfully hopeful one day to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment