Thursday, June 7, 2018

Never Ever Late

I asked You for help and You said, "wait,"
I said, "Hurry up Lord for You are late."
You replied, " I am always right on time,"
I said, "Your timing is different than mine."
O, how I hate the long waiting seasons,
When I can not fully discern the reasons,
When days turn into weeks of long delay,
When I feel forsaken, abandoned, betrayed,
I've whined, moaned, murmured, complained,
Through it all You have faithfully sustained,
Impatiently I demanded immediate action,
In repentance I had to offer my retractions,
Through it all You simply demanded I wait,
For Your designed, appointed, ordained date,
I wanted it now not trusting Your perfect plan,
To see mountains moved by Your mighty hand,
I wanted my plans to be fulfilled and blessed,
While Your ways I so often second guessed,
Now I see "wait" is for faith building and testing,
Waiting is for learning and long seasons of resting,
Waiting is for growth that comes no other way,
Waiting is Your plan until the appointed day,
 I wait, no longer reluctantly but in submission,
Knowing You're omniscient my honest admission,
No matter how long You choose for me to wait,
I choose today to believe You are never ever late.

No comments:

Post a Comment