Tuesday, October 22, 2019

The Witching Season

As the day Halloween approaches, real life self identified witches are making a spiritual assault against the President of the United States. Thousands are planning on a ritual in which they "bind" President Trump on Friday October 25, 2019 night at 11:59 p.m. I just read this on Christian Broadcast News.

Reading that reminded me of election night back in November of 2016. I was not at home that night. I was out of town on ministry business. I did the ministry at hand and returned to my host home as they watched the election results. I felt a deep burden to go to the bedroom to pray. Throughout a large portion of the night I pleaded with God to have His way.

I kept getting this picture of witches gathered by the thousands offering chants and casting spells. The same with atheists and Satanists. I wondered what the church of Jesus was doing that night. Did they pray as fervently as the witches cast spells. That was just about three years ago.

To read that article tonight brought the real spiritual war we are in to light. This season witches are celebrated as parents dress their daughters up in witch costumes and little boys as warlocks and wizards. Satan laughs. Parents take no thought to what they are introducing their children to. Witches are made out to be pretend. That is not the truth.

We are in a real spiritual war. The stakes are high. Not just the freedom of our nation. The very soul of a nation as millions are deceived into hell. I actually saw a recent commercial where a guy said he was an atheist and openly not scared of of hell. He actually said those words out loud. I read another headline where a judge ruled that a dad had to allow his son to be medically prescribed treatment to become a girl despite the father's resistance but his divorced wife's insistence.

While the church gathers for the next church social diner on the grounds, witches cry out to the powers of darkness for evil to win the day. How will the church respond? Will we pray fervently? Will we pray persistently? If not I wonder how much further we can fall.

May it never be that a witch is more devoted to the Prince of Darkness than followers of Jesus are to their King.

No comments:

Post a Comment