Thursday, October 10, 2019

An Open Door For The Gospel

I walked outside to put some mail in the mailbox and had just started walking back when a car turned from the highway rapidly and then into the church parking lot. I did not recognize the car. Out a woman bounded and pleaded to be able to use the restroom. She commented there was nowhere to do so out in the country. She was not from around here. I showed her the way and afterward she was out the door with thanks about has fast as she came in.

There was no time to share any truth with her. I lamented that fact and then busied myself in other work. About an hour later I heard the door open from outside and to my surprise this same lady came back needing to use the restroom again. As soon as she shut the door I prayed for an opportunity to share the good news of Jesus Christ with her.

Turns out Debbie (not her real name)  is from Arlington. She was in the area for some business and waiting on someone at a gated piece of  property. She found out they would be delayed and we had the chance to chat. I found out she grew up Catholic. Then I had the chance to present the clear gospel of Jesus Christ to her. I am not sure she had ever heard it before put that simply. She listened intently. I thought she was about to receive Christ but she hesitated. She wanted to know where she could find the sinner's prayer. I assured her she could just pray her own prayer admitting her sin guilt and need for Jesus to forgive, save and declare her righteous.

Before she left we prayed. Prayer that she would trust Jesus at some point as her Savior. When I finished, she was staring at me. I don't think she ever closed her eyes. God orchestrated the whole thing. He opened the door to share the gospel. He made her receptive. He drew her to Spring Creek twice in one day. I have prayed several times for Debbie to trust Jesus as her Savior. I know God went with her when she left here. I gave her a business card to call me if she had questions, and told her to check out our website.

Turns out she dropped by here last Sunday to use the restroom while we were in worship. She heard the music and saw the people. She thought we were having mass. I wish she would have stayed. I thank God for an opportunity to share the best news in the world with this lady. Sure seems to me God is up to something bringing her here 3 times in less than a week.

May the Lord continue to open doors for us declare the good news of Jesus He brings across our path.

No comments:

Post a Comment