Monday, October 14, 2019

Introduction To Spring Creek Dreams

Several years ago I began having dreams. Not your run of the mill dreams. These were vivid. Filled with imagery. Many of them had a similar theme. Revival. In most of them I either prayed or preached for revival. Some of the images changed. The message seemed consistent. God wanted to use me in revival.

They started in 2014. I never had one of those dreams before that. They always come during or right after time spent in prayer. For years the Lord awakens me several times a week anywhere between 2:00 a.m. and 4:30 a.m. It is time to pray and seek the LORD. I usually go back to bed afterwards until time to get up for work. During that second sleep, the dreams come from time to time. Most often they come during prayer.  When I pray, it's like a television screen comes on in my mind and a movie starts playing. Sometimes the images are congruent. At other times, they appear disjointed. The message is undeniable. God has a plan and He wants to include me in it.

This happened so often that Brenda bought me a book about dream symbols. Over the past five years, I have found that book extremely helpful. I talked to some individuals about the dreams. Three counselors told me they definitely thought God used those dreams to communicate with me. A handful of others were concerned that demons planted the dreams in my heart to influence me. Caught in the middle I felt confused.

I learned over time whom I could trust to share these dreams. Some might call them visions. Paul had a Macedonian vision in Acts 16:9.

Acts 16:9-10 (NKJV)
9  And a vision appeared to Paul in the night. A man of Macedonia stood and pleaded with him, saying, "Come over to Macedonia and help us."
10  Now after he had seen the vision, immediately we sought to go to Macedonia, concluding that the Lord had called us to preach the gospel to them.

Joseph had and interpreted dreams in Genesis. God spoke through dreams and visions to the prophets. He warned Joseph in the Gospels to take Jesus and Mary to Egypt to protect them. Some believe God communicates by this method and others don't. I am past trying to explain it or convince people. I devote myself to seeking Him. I do not abandon reading His word. I have read it more this year than any other time in my life. If He wants to communicate to me in this way I am open. I don't seek them. I seek Him.

The dreams still come and always after prayer. In subsequent posts I am going to share some specific things God has shown me for Spring Creek Baptist Church. I'm sharing this more for them than anyone else, but hope the Lord will use them to speak to others. Like Paul I'm open and ready to receive whatever God wants to share with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment