Thursday, October 17, 2019

Maiden Voyage

Old faithful served me well for many years. I hammered out work and used that tool everyday. Today I semi-retired it. It helped to put out over 400 posts. I used it to study for thousands of sermons. It started showing its age. I couldn't consistently receive or send emails. At times I could not log onto the internet. So I asked the church for a new clap top.. They supported the need and today my new computer came in. This is my maiden voyage with it.

The keys are placed a little differently. For the past six years I grew accustomed to the keyboard on the MacBook Pro. Now I have a Dell laptop. It has a larger monitor. It is a PC rather than a MacBook. There will be a learning curve, but I couldn't wait to get home and try her out. I am extra motivated to write.

There is a never ending supply of things to write about. When God is your subject, there is always another post to put down. When the Bile is the source of your material,, there is always something else to share with the hopes it will help someone.

On this maiden voyage, I can't help but be grateful. Grateful to God for His continuing provision so I can keep ministering through the preached and written word. I am thankful for a loving supportive church willing to provide me with the best tools to make my job easier. They are a supportive bunch. I am humbled and thankful that I get to serve them. Spring Creek serving as your pastor is one of the highlights of my life and brings a joyous delight I cannot put into words. At least not yet. In time I will probably try.

On this maiden voyage, with this new computer, I know it will take a little time to get my fingers accustomed to the keyboard. It will take some learning to gofrom an Apple product to a Dell. I know in the end this computer will help me study for messages, write blogs, write books, and stay connected and informed.

Stay tuned. There will be much more to follow in the days, months and years ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment