Saturday, October 12, 2019

On The Eve

The new series is set to begin. Studies have been made. Prayers have been prayed. Notes have been jotted down. Now there is waiting for the clock to tick down. At this writing, the service is about 15 hours and five minutes from starting. I wait. With anticipation I wait. Soon there will be sleep. Then there will be more prayers.

On the eve of another worship gathering and anther opportunity to deliver God's word I wait excitedly. After 23 years of pastoral ministry, you might think it gets old, the routine, the same old same old grind. Truth is, I'm more excited about my ministry now than I've been in a very long time.

First, there are people who really long to hear the word of God. They want the meat. Solid food. Such people make up Spring Creek Baptist Church. I am honored and blessed to get to feed them spiritually with the life giving truth of God's holy word.

Second, they are praying people. Multiple times I've prayed with them. It is encouraging and inspiring to preach for people who pray for you.

Third, those folks love my family. They go out of their way to express that love. I do not take them for granted. We love them too. More and more with each tasing week.

Fourth, we gather in great, no GREAT, facilities. I cannot walk through the sanctuary without gratitude filling my heart and lips. It is an honor and joy to stand behind that pulpit.

Sixth, I get to live my dream. I get to live in my sweet spot. To do what God created me to do.

Finally, I get a front row seat to watch God work. It never gets old. To see Him reveal truth, comfort the afflicted, afflict the comfortable, save the lost, encourage the saints, and draw people into encounters with Himself. I can hardly wait to get to do it all again.

14 hours and 51 minutes I get to do it all over again. Praise His name for it. May it never get old on the Eve of another Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment