Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Wanted: Hard Followers

This is not the day for half steppers. Tip toers. Casual crawlers. Couch potatoes. Soft strollers. Recreational joggers.  Pew sitters. Lukewarm worshipers. God wants hard followers. Determined, committed, conditioned, resolved, competitive, sprinters and marathoners.

God's starter gun goes off with the dawning of each new day. You will run toward something. What are you chasing? God wants hard followers coming after Him. He wants God chasers. People in perpetual pursuit of Him. He wants sprinters to race toward Him with all their might. He wants marathoners who will stay the course and not give up too quickly. This is both a sprint and a marathon. We are to give maximum sprint effort and yet pace ourselves for a lifetime of following hard.

David followed hard. He set the example as did Paul.

Psalm 63:8 (KJV)
8  My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me.

Psalm 63:8 (NKJV) 
8  My soul follows close behind You; Your right hand upholds me. 

Psalm 63:8 (ESV) 
8  My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me. 

Psalm 63:8 (MLB) 
8  My soul follows close behind Thee; Thy right hand upholds me. 

As you are probably aware by now this is the verse I got the title for this new blog. It is a new course in my life. A real ambition to go hard after God and Jesus daily. The title Follow Hard comes straight out of this verse. I like all the translations but my favorite for this verse is the KJV. 

Do you want to follow hard? Do you desire to follow close behind? Do you seek for your soul to cling to God? The church needs hard followers. Devoted disciples. Worshipful warriors. Will you be counted in that number? It will take more than will power. It will take a genuine work of Yahweh in your heart until you desire to follow hard after Him more than any other pursuit in life. Follow hard faithful ones. Follow hard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment