Thursday, May 3, 2018

A Word In Season

I departed from my teaching journey through the book of I Samuel verse by verse last night. We were scheduled to be in chapter six in our midweek Bible study. For the past couple of weeks I have felt God has something else in mind for our study.

While praying yesterday a fresh word percolated in my heart. At first I thought the fresh word was intended for me. Later, I discerned I needed to share that word with the dozen who attend the Bible study.

I taught what God revealed to me. We laughed. Some cried. We were all encouraged. I told some stories from my own journey not knowing how God would use them in the lives of those in attendance. I am still awed at how God connected His word and my testimonies to fit the need of those in attendance.

Afterwards, more than one person walked up to me and said, "That was for me." I love it when mighty Yahweh does that. When He connects His truth with the needs of people to help them along. I left that study as satisfied and contented as if I had just preached to several hundred people. It is not about the size of the crowd. It is about preaching and teaching words in season to help people irregardless of the size of the crowd.

I read this verse this morning. It reminded me of last night. I pray this will be true for the remainder of my ministry to preach and teach words in season. I want to be God's vessel to help people.

Isaiah 50:4 (NKJV) 
 "The Lord GODhas given Me The tongue of the learned,That I should know how to speak a word in season to him who is weary. He awakens Me morning by morning, He awakens My ear to hear as the learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment