Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Thank You

I received some great advice on the day I made my call to preach public. My pastor told me after the crowds passed shaking my hands never to forget to say thank you. That is advice I may not kept 100% but it advice I cherish. Brenda and I write thank you letters and cards. I do not want take the sacrifice and serve of people for granted.

Neither do I want to be guilty of not offering God proper thanks when He answers our prayers and works in powerful fashion. We are quick to ask many things of Him. Are so quick to give our private and public thanks?Jesus healed ten lepers but only one came back to say thank you.

I know we have a whole holiday set aside for giving thanks. We hear a lot of talk about gratitude then but what about the rest of the year. What about when we gather to worship and study His word. Shouldn't we offer thanks then too.

Psalm 95:2 (NKJV) 
 Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; Let us shout joyfully to Him with Psalms.


Psalm 100:4 (NKJV) 
 Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise.Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.


God does so much for us. Can we not stop long enough in our private devotions and pubic worship to really give Him the thanks He deserves? People are always asking God for something else. Something more. Another blessing. Another mountain moved. Can we stop and spend an entire prayer time just giving thanks? He has earned it. 

Can we not pause in our busy days to make a phone call, drop a line, send a text,= or stop a person and just say, "Thank you for all you do." When is the last time a Sunday school teacher got thanked or a nursery worker? When did ladies working in a cafeteria or fellowship hall receive a thank you? When did a wife get thanks for her work around the house or a father for being supportive of his children? When do children get thanked for jobs well done? 

I will not let this day pass without passing out many thanks in public to well deserving people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment