Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Chasing Shadows

What are you chasing? What do you expend your days pursuing? What do you exchange your time and energy to get in return? Has the return on your time investment paid satisfying dividends.

People give decades  of their lives to a job. Some people love their jobs and others endure it to pay the bills. Either way hours are spent daily in some vocation. Weeks are piled up to earn vacation time. Decades are exchanged to earn a paycheck working toward retirement. What do we desire with those paychecks. Houses. Vehicles. Clothing. Entertainment. Travel. Recreation.

I came to the realization that much of what I chased after in my life was chasing shadows. Like a child running in vain to catch his shadow so I ran after things I thought would fulfill me. I was wrong. Dead wrong. The things I chased after for years proved shadows. No lasting substance to them.

In light of eternity I challenge you to evaluate what you are chasing. Do those things really matter in light of the judgment seat of Christ? I sadly regret years of chasing shadows that had no substance in light of eternity. Wasted effort and wasted energy. Wasted days.

So what should we chase? What does God value? I will not waste time giving you my opinion. I will point you straight to the words of Jesus. You make your own interpretation. You apply Jesus' words to your life. How do you measure?

I hope we not waste our days in chasing shadows but give our all in pursuit of this.

Matthew 6:33 (NKJV) 
33  But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment