Thursday, April 12, 2018

Amazing Grace

After a lengthy absence from writing I am back. And what is on my mind after months of silence? The amazing grace of God. My sins are many. Past sins. Present sins. I hate it. I hate that my flesh is often still alive and well ruling over my thoughts, attitudes, and actions. I can be a wretch. Correct that. I am a wretch like the old hymn is written. Only I am a wretch rescued by the love of Jesus and held in amazing grace.

I deserve death, hell, and condemnation. What I have received is grace, salvation, and forgiveness. How can I not point others to Jesus. I have nothing to boast about except that because of amazing grace, I am a child of God. My boast is in Jesus and His redemptive work on the cross. [Gal 6:14] I have nothing else to boast in. Not my education. Not my ministry experience. Not my writing. Not my praying or Bible knowledge. My only boast is in Jesus. Without Him and His grace I am nothing.

Today I swim in grace. I am immersed in it. I dare not base my position in Jesus on my performance. I have failed far too many times. I know my heart is deceitful and wicked. I know my heart can be led astray. It has been far more often than I want to admit.

Through every season since the day I got saved Jesus has held me. Many times I struggled to get away. Many times I wandered like a prodigal. He never let me go. I was always in His grip of grace. I am still in His grip of grace. That is all I have to rely on. [Eph 2:8-9].

No comments:

Post a Comment