Thursday, April 19, 2018

A Thirst For Knowledge

People value knowledge. Whether it be formal education attainted in a classroom or knowledge of how to work the latest cell phone, people want to be in the know. People know how to work everything from I phones, I pods, I cloud and I tunes. There is always more to learn and people who love to learn it. 

I also love knowledge. I really don't care about technology. People laugh at me for all I don't know. I know just enough to get by and begrudge every new change. I go kicking and screaming into the next new thing in technology everyone raves about. I am always several generations behind on the latest cell phones. Those things just do not whet my appetite. Brenda is still getting back on an I phone 4.

I do have a thirst for knowledge. A driving thirst that fuels my passion everyday. I want knowledge of the Holy One of Israel. I want knowledge of His truth. I want knowledge of the hearts of people and how to reach them more effectively. I want knowledge passed on by others who climbed higher in God and walked closer to Him than I do. I want knowledge of first hand encounters with Jesus. I am not content to live off the experiences of others. 

Why are people not thirsty for more knowledge of God? Why are they so easily distracted and amused with lesser things? People are content to dabble in religion while neglecting the greater opportunity to walk closely with their God. 

People are content to fill up notebooks with religious information and Bible studies but not walk intimately with God. Religion is dead. Boring. Lifeless. God is alive. Exciting. Life giving. The greatest adventure in life is growing in knowledge of the Holy One. Nothing compares. Nothing satisfies like Him.  O that we would have more thirst for the knowledge of Him. God. Yahweh. Jehovah. Elohim. Jesus. Emmanuel. The Lion of Judah. The Prince of Peace. The Lord of Lords. So much to learn. So little time to do it. 

Lord, please give us a thirst for knowledge of You. There is nothing that can compare to You. No thing. No person. Nothing. May we give ourselves to learn more of You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment