Friday, June 21, 2019

10!

We showed up this past Monday for camp all a little travel wearied. So much happened in those few days I can't recapture all of it. There were God moments, both privately as I walked with Him ,as well as in public as He moved in the hearts of students and adults in our worship gatherings. Just like that it is over.

I'm sitting at the airport in Panama City. FL waiting for my return flight back to Texas. How can I summarize all that happened in these few words? I can do it in just one word. Ten.

Ten professions of faith. Ten meeting Jesus. Ten willing to follow in believer's baptism back home in their local church. Ten souls Satan lost. Ten souls written in the Lamb's Book Of Life. Ten souls ushered out of darkness into God's marvelous light. Ten souls adopted as children of God. Ten redeemed. Ten new creations.

It makes all the hassle of traveling away from home worth it. Ten is a beautiful number. Ten will be the number I take away from this camp.

How can I express my humility and thanks that at 52 God still chooses to use me to minister to students. Thankful for a trip to the Gulf Shores and Sunshine State. Thankful for getting to meet some new people. Thankful for another chance to preach God's glorious truth.

We had a great week but my heart is turned toward home. To a loving wife I have not seen since 5:00 a.m. last Monday. I am thankful for the chance to have a loving flock awaiting on Sunday. I am thankful for another chance to get to preach in a couple of days. I praise and bless His hame and give all glory to Him for ten!

No comments:

Post a Comment