Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Worship At The Water's Edge

I walked out of my cabin this morning down a private drive that runs through camp. I crossed the two lane Front Beach road and made my way down a sandy path and some stairs to the beach. Staring back me stood the Gulf of Mexico. A bluish green body of water here in Florida with peaks of tan mixed in where you can see the sandy bottom.

I walked to the water's edge and looked out over that impressive expanse of water. Overhead the sun shone but not so brightly or hotly making it unbearable. The wind blew enough to keep it cool. I just stood ankle deep in that water and felt the coolness against my legs. Waves rolled in splashing the water up to my knees at times.

I just stood there alone. Not wanting to talk to anyone but God. Lost in the wonder of His creation and the worship at His power. I pondered God's magnificence and my insignificance in comparison. Who am I to relate to such a God? Who am I among the billions on this planet for God to love or give His attention? Who am I to try to describe His majesty and glory in a sermon or in writing? I am nobody. I am nothing.

When I consider God knows every inch of that ocean I am humbled even further. He knows the number of fish, the different species. Up and down those miles of beaches He knows every grain of sand along with every person like me who stands at the water's edge. He knows those who get lost in wonder and worship. He also knows every pagan only bent on evil who never even consider God made the very ocean they splash in. Who are any of us? More specifically who am I to relate to Him?

Yet, He created me in His image.[Gen 1:26-27]  He chose to love me [Rom 5:8], purchase my redemption and through the blood of Jesus to give me access to His throne to talk to Him and find help in my time of need [Heb 4:16]. Even at the water's edge away from the crowds, church buildings and home. I met God at the water's edge.


No comments:

Post a Comment