Monday, June 10, 2019

Sunday Drive

After  a long day of teaching, preaching and meeting we got home exhausted. Due to unforeseen circumstances Brenda and I needed to make a road trip about 6:30 last evening. To be honest, I dreaded it. I did not want to have to get back out. Our little round trip took us 74 miles.

I so enjoyed the time with my bride of 28 years that the miles seemed to just float past like in a dream. We got lost in discussion about various things. I looked over at her at one point and fell in love with her all over again. Her beauty. Her kind heart. Her sweet smile that lights up my heart. Her soft hands in mine. Her sparkling brown eyes that still draw me into and hold me in her love spell. We have been together for 30 years including the years we dated. I would marry her all over again.

She is wise. I trust her counsel. She is a servant. I follow her example and delight in serving her. We do not always get time just the two of us. I'm glad we still have a car full in the summer months. I cannot lie. I like it when it is just the two of us. I love those road trips we get to take. Even when she sleeps most of the way. I love when we get lost in conversation.

Life is filled with so many little blessings. Some we take for granted. When she told me we needed to take a little road trip I dreaded it. I wanted to stay home and relax. I am so glad we went. A lot of love can be enjoyed on a Sunday drive. A lot of communication can be shared on a Sunday drive. Many memories can be made on a Sunday drive.

I am a blessed man. Brenda makes my life more enjoyable. She completes me. I am not saying she gives my life meaning and purpose. Jesus did that for both of us decades ago. She completes me in the way she compliments me. We are better together than we are apart. She is organized, a gifted administrator, a behind the scenes worker. I am a visionary big picture guy. I dream the dreams and she helps put all the details together to make the dream a reality. I am an out front leader. She shuns the spotlight. I come alive on stage with a Bible in my hand.

And I get to share my life and Sunday drives with Brenda Maria Ortiz Edwards. I am blessed. God, thank you for Sunday drives with the love of my life. May we get to share many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment