Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Are You Still There?

The child got scared in the stormy black night,
Frightened by darkness engulfing  all the light,
Shadows and images appeared on the walls,
Strange sounds seemed to come from the hall,
The thunder boomed and the lightening cracked,
Covers pull overhead it courage the child lacked,
The child cried out loudly, "Father are you there?"
The father came offering his tender loving care,
The father held the child's tiny trembling hand,
He sang words of comfort better than any band,
The child drifted back to sleep in perfect peace,
His father's presence made all the fears to cease,
The child now grown awoke with a sudden stark,
Troubled and overwhelmed with an anxious heart,
Fears clawed his mind and he cried out in the night,
Anxiety choked his faith and blinded hopeful sight,
"Father, are you there?" the grown child cried out,
"Faith is being conquered by my pressing doubts,
O my Father I can't see but are You still out there."
With love the Father comforted the man with care,
"I will always be here, I''ll never leave or forsake you,
In both good and bad I will always be faithful and true,
In stormy seasons when you can't find me anywhere,
Don't fret, don't worry I promise I'll always be there."


No comments:

Post a Comment