Monday, June 10, 2019

Your Craft

Some work with tools. They use wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers to build and repair things. Some work with hammers, saws, measuring tapes to build and construct. Some use tractors, plows and strippers to plant and harvest crops. Some use horses, ropes, cattle pens and ear tags to ranch.

Me? I work with words. Mostly the word of God. I build messages around the meaning of words. I shape those words into messages to help people. I communicate with words. And on a day like today I use words to write on random topics. Today I wrote about my grandfather and wife. I got lost in my craft losing track of time.

Some craft metals to build. Some craft ingredients together to make delicious food. Some craft notes on a page or instrument to compose and play beautiful music. Some use their craft to treat people medically. Some craft numbers to make financial deals for profit in business.

Whatever your craft is do it heartily as unto the Lord. Sing for Him. Build for Him. Legislate for Him. Play for Him. Serve for Him. Cook for Him. Mow for Him. Plant and harvest for Him. Rope for Him. Herd for Him. Clean for Him. Repair for Him. Preach for Him. Write for Him. Study for Him.
Whatever your craft is do it for Him.

Colossians 3:22-23 (NASB)
23  Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men,

No comments:

Post a Comment