Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Cloudy Skies

From my private little breakfast nook I see puddles on the ground from this morning's passing showers. We've had our fare share of showers in recent weeks. Not that I am complaining. My time in west Texas taught me never to take rain for granted.

Overhead the clouds are still overcast with peaks of blue letting the sunshine peak through. Overcast clouds would define my life right now if it were a weather forecast. There are peaks of sunshine and I know the clouds will break soon bringing bright blue skies. But now they are overcast.

While the sun is still there sometimes it gets hidden from view. Though the Son is still there sometimes I lose sight of Him behind the clouds of circumstances. He promised He would always be there. I see glimpses of His handiwork. From time to time I hear from Him. Still the clouds are overcast.

Cloudy skies cover Heritage Baptist Church. Stormy seasons pound the flock. The winds howl against the sheep. Lightening strikes land all around. Stress and fears abound.

I gather the sheep close and offer them the shelter of God's love and promise.

Isaiah 41:10 (NASB)
10  'Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'

No comments:

Post a Comment