Thursday, October 3, 2024

Blinded by the Light

 Brenda and I made a road trip last night. I knew from the outset I would face a challenge on the road. We had two and a half hours of pretty smooth sailing. We took the backroads and encountered very little traffic. We passed through small towns like Jacksboro, Graham, Albany, Anson, Roby, and Snyder heading toward Seminole. We drove past several churches along the way. It was weird not being at our church for our Wednesday evening teaching. 

Then it happened. We drove due west and the sun began sinking. I was blinded by the light. Sunshades and the visor did little to help. At times, Brenda and I both strained to see the road. I was driving blind at times. The radiance of the setting sun was no match for the sunshades. We enjoyed a spectacular sunset last night. That is one of the hi lights of west Texas. Spectacular sunsets and stunning sunrises. 

My attention is drawn to Acts 9 and Paul's encounter with the Lord Jesus on the Damascus Road. The Lord's glory blinded Paul. We cannot even fathom the glory of the Lord. Moses' face shown with illumination after he just saw the backside of God passing by the cleft of the rock. The priests could not even enter the temple when the shekinah glory filled the house of God at Solomon's dedication prayer. Peter, James and John beheld the transfigured glory of Jesus on top of a mountain. The sun is no match for that. In the millennial reign of Jesus His glory will be on full display in the new heaven and the new earth. It will light up the night. 

I am thankful for a visual reminder of the power and glory of the Lord through a common sunset last night. Something I take for granted over and over again. A wonderful reminder of the power and majesty of the God I serve. One day I will be blinded by the light of His presence around His throne hearing the chorus, "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty." Revelation 4:1-12 

No comments:

Post a Comment