Thursday, September 5, 2019

When Sleep Will Not Come

I toss and turn but sleep will not come,
The hours tick closer to dawning sun,
So I get up to prayerfully seek You,
To ask for Your help for all I can't do,
There are mountains I can not move,
In these tests as my faith You prove,
There are big burdens I can not lift,
As my sure belief You constantly sift,
I toss and turn but sleep will not come,
For all the battles I still have not won,
For the broken I bring to Your throne,
For the community I now call my home,
For the heavy laden, sick and bereaved,
For the weary, worn and the diseased,
You don't need sleep through the night,
You never tire or weaken in the fight,
You keep the night watch working late,
Helping with all the things  on my plate,
So I don't have to toss and turn in bed,
And can rest in You peacefully instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment