Friday, September 13, 2019

Shameless Solicitation

I am shamelessly soliciting prayer partners. To be more specific, I am looking for people who will pray for me consistently for the remainder of 2019 and through this time next fall of 2020.

God has called me to believe Him for something larger than anything I've done before. I am not at liberty to share what that is right now. I will be able to soon.

What I can tell you is that as part of that calling is to write two books. I have not written a book for publication since 2014. I have not even had the desire to write a book since then. I've contented myself writing these posts. God is compelling me to write these two new books. On top of a new pastoral ministry, in addition to this new task He has called me to, writing two books looks very ambitious. I specially need prayers concerning three areas of these books.

First, I need His anointing. I am not interested in writing books that are here today and gone tomorrow. I want to write books that God will allow to stand the test of time. That can help people no matter when they live. I want His supernatural enabling to complete these two assignments. I also want the books to be effective.

Second, I need God's inspiration to write sentence by sentence and chapter by chapter. It is a daunting task but I feel called to it. I trust Him for the words to write.

Third, please begin praying now for the provision that will be needed to get both of these books into print. I will publish them through a print on demand publisher. That way I do not have buy a bulk of books up front and have them siting in boxes in my garage. This way people will be able to order the books online as many or as few as they want. I can still order copies to use when I travel and preach.

I also need your prayers for protection. The task God has called me to will assuredly lead into some intense spiritual warfare. I covet your prayers more than ever for me and my family. Some of you already pray for us. I ask for others to join shamelessly. In a way it kind of feels selfish asking people to pray for me and my family. If you knew what I know you would shamelessly solicit prayers too. More information is to come when God releases me to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment