Friday, September 6, 2019

Church Aflame

In the late summer of 2010 I saw God do something extraordinary. There were many who experienced it and witnessed it also. Nine years later I look back and can scarcely believe what God did. He set His church aflame over the course of three weeks.

He saved people who had been church members for decades. He called His people to repentance. He ministered help to the hurting. Night after night I watched those people show up in droves for worship services that lasted between two to three hours and they kept coming back. Some of them could not get enough.

We rejoiced when night after night we celebrated the new birth of recent converts being baptized. We wept and rejoiced over testimonies publicly spoken. We sang like I have never heard a church sing before. It did not matter whether we sang a hymn or a more modern song. People sang with their hearts. Two of the anthems from those days were the songs, I Will Never Be The Same Again and Days Of Elijah. They poured out their souls to the Lord in song and prayer. God's move became the talk of the town. Soon it went far beyond our little town. One man heard about it from a town an hour away and drove several times to see if it was true. When he experienced God's move for himself he went back and told others.

It is 2019 now. I live in a different town and serve a different church. I believe God has assured me He desires to set Spring Creek aflame like He has done to many other churches and communities throughout history. I hunger for it. I seek Him for it. I plead for it. I wait for it. I expect Him for it.

Lord, I ask You to set this pastor, this church and the other churches in this county aflame. I ask You to set churches all over this nation aflame. May the flame spread to other nations until this old world sees a spiritual awakening that dwarfs what You did back in the First and Second Great Awakenings. Please set our souls afire. Let Your church blaze for You in the white hot flames of revival.

No comments:

Post a Comment