Thursday, September 19, 2019

20,000

Sometime yesterday we celebrated a milestone. Some one clicked on this blog site making the 20,000th visit. In that time people have visited and read these posts from countries like; Spain, Portugal, Russia, Ukraine, France, Philippines, Canada, Germany as well as the United States.

I started this blog in August of 2018. In just over a year God has seen fit to direct over 20,000 visits to this site. How I pray people have been encouraged, challenged, renewed, drawn closer to God and repentant along the way.

This writing will make the 435th post.

When I walked into Bible study last night someone asked me, "Have you been taking some time off? You haven't written anything since last Saturday." I admit I was guilty as charged. I allowed myself to get too busy going in too many different directions.

Now that I took some time to write again I am awed and humbled by the goodness of God to allow me this platform. It was always meant to be a ministry. Another way to help others. I have not preached to 20,000 people collectively in my whole ministry. Most of my ministry has been lived out in off the beaten path obscure places. I prefer it that way. I like the slower pace of life to give me time to do just what I'm doing now. Writing is an extension of my ministry.

I often write thinking of certain people I believe it might help. It never crossed my mind in the beginning, that people from foreign nations might stumble across these writings. It is a blessing. One I do not take for granted. I thank God for  the gift of this well worn computer. I praise God for the gift of the technology that allows me to make these posts available internationally.

I often pray that God will so use this, and that it will spread by word of mouth. One will tell another and then another and so on. I pray for the day hundreds of people will read these posts and pass them on to others on any given day rather than just dozens. I look forward to the day we surpass 30,000, 50,000 and by God's grace 100,000 visits. I look forward to the day I write the 500th post and then down the road surpass 1,000. One day at a time. Today I celebrate 20,000. Praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment