Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Thank You

I am still giddy about serving Spring Creek Baptist Church. More so than when I began a month and a half ago. I walked through the sanctuary several times today. I kept praying, "Thank You Father for calling me to this church." I still get moved when I walk in that sacred place. At times I walk in disbelief at God's goodness. At one point I walked through with our music minister's wife. I stopped and asked her, "Do you feel that?"

She responded, "What the hea?" We don't keep the a/c running during the week. It does get warm in there on hot days.

I replied, "No. The excitement and joy of getting to be a part of such a great church. I don't take that for granted."

She attributed my enthusiasm to  serving there nearly three decades ago. That is not the reason. I sense God working in me, in others and when we gather in that room. He is building something. He is drawing new people. He is saving the lost. He is restoring hope. He is renewing people. In essence, He is reviving His people.

I'm still giddy about it all. So humbled God chose me to serve there. Others were more qualified and more talented. They could not have loved those dear people more than Brenda and I do. We are so  blessed to get serve such a supportive flock. We overjoyed to call Spring Creek home for the second time.

I don't take God blessing us for granted. Neither do I forget to say thank you often. Thank you to God for His favor and blessings. Thank you to the Holy Spirit for moving so powerfully among us. Thank you to the people who serve. Who do the jobs behind the scenes, like working in the kitchen for fellowships. Those who clean the restrooms. Those who work in the nursery. Those who teach. Those who decorate the rooms and communion table. Those who keep the Sunday school records and ring the bell. Those who pray. those who play instruments for worship. I cannot forget those who pray for their new pastor. They pray for the church and the community as well.

After the message Sunday night we divided into groups and prayed. In my opinion there is no sweeter sound in the world than God's people crying out to Him on behalf of their community and country. I love hearing the people of God praying. I prefer that sound over a thousand anthems sung by the best music talent in the world.

The sound that keeps coming from my mouth as I walk the 38 paces from the back of the room to the front is, "Thank you God. Glory and hallelujah to Your name for the great things You have done."

Psalm 100:1-5 (NKJV)
1  Make a joyful shout to the LORD, all you lands!
2  Serve the LORD with gladness; Come before His presence with singing.
3  Know that the LORD, He is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
4  Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
5  For the LORD is good; His mercy is everlasting, And His truth endures to all generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment