Monday, February 21, 2022

Whatever The Cost - Wherever It Leads

 That is the prayer I read in a book titled Spiritual Awakening, by Bob Eklund. "Whatever the cost - wherever it leads." I have said it for years and will repeat it again. Revival is costly. By the fact that we live in unrevived churches and communities, it would appear very few are willing to pay the price. Make no mistake. There is a price to be paid. 

First, God deals with sin in personal lives. This is uncomfortable and painful. After repentance, God deals with lost people and His people being more evangelistic. More people than we know faked salvation by just saying the sinner's prayer. Three of my very own sons experienced that. They had to come to Jesus in faith and ask for His salvation by grace along later in life. There is also the cost of commitment. God will require more devotion and service of revived people. I am saying yes to all of it. 

I know. On three occasions God has allowed me to be in genuine revival. The nights were long, the spirit thick, the power of God present and moving, and the fellowship of the saints was sweet. You cannot describe those days in words. You can tell how many showed up, how many were saved, baptized and how long it lasted. You might even explain how long the services lasted. You cannot describe the revival encounter. It is something you have to experience. 

So I offer that simple but profound prayer. "Lord, whatever revival costs I want to pay the price. Wherever it leads me and Spring Creek, I want to follow. In your name Jesus amen."

Who will join me in that simple prayer? Who will do more than mouth the words but mean it with sincerity? Camp meeting will begin in 96 days. I challenge all of us to be diligent in our personal preparations. Here are a few things that will help. 

Upcoming Sermon Series - Elijah's Cry

More Power Band prayer meetings after Sunday evening services.

Camp Meeting devotions begin on this blog starting March 1.

Fresh Encounter Henry Blackaby, an 8 week Sunday night Bible study starting April 3. Cost of the workbooks is $15.00.

Camp Meeting devotions on this blog begin March 1.

Cleansing of the Temple will begin the week prior to the first meeting on May 29. 

No comments:

Post a Comment