Friday, August 3, 2018

Blindsided

I never saw it coming into full view,
A broadside hit into my ocean blue,
Totally blindsided without any warning,
Ruining what had been a good morning,
Such a blow staggered me to my knees,
Draining both hope and faith from me,
What do I do, where do I go for strength,
The God I trusted failed me at length,
Or so it seems from my little perspective,
I need to pause, pray and get reflective,
Do I believe what I see and how I feel,
God, what's happening, what's the deal,
I'm trying to serve You as best I can,
This blow seems harsh from Your hand,
Doubt arises to strangle faith and trust,
The illusion of my perfect world a bust,
What now? What am I supposed to do,
I know - You want me to trust in You,
It is hard to trust when I'm blindsided,
Please hold me till the shock's subsided,
Please comfort the anxieties in mind,
The intensifying grief I'm about to find,
You love me - forever proven at the cross,
My gain there meant for You suffering loss,
I am Your child covered in much trouble,
Shattered no longer inside my safe bubble,
You are here, my ever present help - refuge,
Please hear my prayers ow and do not refuse,
To come to my aid in this my sore tragic hour,
When my sweet life turned very bitterly sour,
You are Sovereign and still in  total control,
I turn to Your word for strength and console,
My world is rocked shaken in foundation,
I don't expect You will give an explanation,
You will love and hold me in my confusion,
All this pain and an un-welcomed intrusion,
Through it all You  are faithful  and ever true,
I choose to worship, serve  and still trust in You.

- written for a friend just blindsided by some bad news.

No comments:

Post a Comment