Monday, June 5, 2023

Encouraged

 A few days ago, I wrote a blog titled, "0." I recounted a day when nobody read any of the blogs. Not one. I mused about the usefulness of writing. In the end, I concluded that God called me to write and what He chose to do with that writing ministry was His choice. He called me to be faithful. 

I admit I was discouraged when I clicked on the stats link of the blog and saw the zero. God knew my heart and thoughts. What happened next defies logical explanation. The very next day after I wrote the "0" blog I checked the stats for how many had hit the site. It went from 0 to 84. There has not been that many people going to this site in years. It is on rare occasion that even double-digit numbers of people read material posted here. Why would 84 people go to the site other than God directed them to do so to bolster the waning hopes of a weary wordsmith.

God encouraged me. It was like God said, "I called you to write. I can draw large numbers to this site anytime I want to. Be faithful to write what I inspire in you and leave the results up to me." My heart and hopes soared when I saw that 84 number. God exhorted me to keep putting pen to page. 

I know that if I had a social media presence, I could boost the readership. I am convicted not to be on social media. I do have a desire to increase the volume of readers. I am limited to these few things. I pray God will choose to use this material around the world both in my lifetime and after I'm gone. Next, I rely on you the reader to share these articles with family and friends. If you have read for any length of time you know the topics of these blogs varies widely. There is another way you can help. There is an option that you can click on the homepage of this site and choose to follow these blogs. If the site had more followers, the volume of readers could potentially increase. 

By God's help, strength, and inspiration I have every intent to keep writing. I truly believe God will use one sentence of one blog to help one person at some point. That is the dream. That is the point of pounding these keys. To glorify God and hopefully help people. 

This week God did the encouraging for this old scribe. At a low point God ushered in a wave of hope and reassurance. His wind blows in my sails propelling me to write on. This is my second blog this morning. Hopefully many more will follow in the days ahead. I believe God to use them as He best sees fit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment