Saturday, June 3, 2023

0

 I had a dream back in 1998. To write for others. I wrote for years but never shared them. Those writings were too personal and I did not have confidence anyone would want to read them.  I first began writing a little book I made copies on a copy machine and spiral bound it. I gave copies away for free. After that, I began writing on a website different articles God inspired. Everything changed in 2008. 

I was introduced to the world of blogging. That first blog www.nocompromisefbc.blogspot.com generated over 100,000 hits and close to 2,000 articles posted over a decade. The years of 2014-2017 were not good years for me personally. I fought depression and those dark toxic thoughts often made their way into print on the screen. That is not something I am proud of. I wrote from raw honesty. Not easy for many to digest. The readership dwindled.

It was around this time I knew I needed a change. I got off all social media. I also created a new blog. A fresh start with followhard638.blogspot.com. The 638 comes from Psalm 63:8 where David wrote his soul followed hard after God. That became my heartbeat.

Fast forward five years. I have lost count of the number of blogs written. What troubles me most these days is how few readers there are. Today there were zero. Not one person clicked on it in the United States or around the world. Out of hundreds of articles written on numerous topics not one person read any of it. This past week there were days when there were four readers, six, and one day ten. 

On the no compromise blog there were days when I would notice over 100 people reading. With zero I wonder what the point is in writing. It does not seem to be making a difference. Few notice. I only write because I feel called to do so and I want to help people. As Vance Havner used to say, "To comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable." 

This is a matter I have prayed about over the years. I dreamed that the blogs would spread all around the world and help someone. Every so often people from other countries will click on them. Most recently people did so from Switzerland. 

I question very often whether I am wasting my time in a ministry that is producing no fruit. I do not have the solutions. I have to content myself that writing is therapeutic for me. Long before God ever called me to preach, I felt a desire and call to write. Going all the way back to elementary school. 

So, I keep pounding these keys hoping that something I write helps someone somewhere at some time. I am not looking to get famous. I certainly do not write for the money. All the money from my latest book is being donated to Spring Creek. To date I have not seen a penny. I guess the book sales have not been very robust. 

I am not giving up on my dream. Maybe I will never see the fruit of these labors in this life. Maybe God will use it after I'm gone. So, with a prayer under my breath, I plead with God for no more zero days. I also pray for more inspiration and greater anointing to write things that make a difference for people. God will do with this writing ministry what He things His best. I write and leave the results to Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment