Friday, December 10, 2021

Tell About Jesus In All The Languages

 Micah is a four year old boy living in Athens, Greece. His mother is the daughter of one of my best friends. She used to attend Spring Creek as a little girl. His dad is a converted Muslim from Iran and a passionate preacher of the gospel for refugees. Javod, Michah's dad, is a faithful witness. He has been used of God to lead thousands of people to Jesus for salvation. 

Micah is a very unique little boy. I saw a video of Micah praying at the end of a worship service. He prayed in Farsi, which I do not understand, but I could tell he prayed with sincerity and passion. He is advanced beyond his years. Very mature for his age. God has His hand on this youngster. 

The other night he told his mother, "I can't wait until I can tell people about Jesus in all the languages." He currently speaks three. Farsi, Greek, and English. That is a far cry from children in America wanting another toy, one more trip to Chic-Fil-A, to watch cartoons, or play video games. Micah is already tapping into things that matter for eternity. 

At such a tender young age, Micah gets it. He understands the importance of people getting introduced to Jesus for salvation. He also understands that all people from many different nations need to hear this message. He is able to minister in a way that I will never be able to do. I do not speak Farsi, Greek, French, Spanish, or any other language. I'm limited to communicating through only English. Micah is a thoroughly equipped youngster to do more for Jesus that many of us. 

Micah has witnessed his parents giving their lives to the down and out, the rejected, the forgotten, and the destitute. He already has a tender compassionate heart for people. It is easy to grow callused. To ignore the needs around us. It seems Micah's eyes are wide open. He sees into spiritual things. 

That little lad inspires me. He inspires me to continue to be a witness to others. To thank God for Micah's parents, Javod and Julie, who are teaching Micah the things of God. I am thankful for a teachable spirit in Micah. God has something very special for that little boy. May the Lord honor his desire to tell people about Jesus in all the languages. 

No comments:

Post a Comment