Tuesday, December 7, 2021

1:33

 I rolled over unable to sleep and the alarm clock showed 1:33 a.m. I knew it was time to get up for morning prayer. My flesh did not want to crawl out of the warm covers on this frigid morning. I found my slippers and donned a sweatshirt. I felt my way in the dark out the bedroom door and down the hallway to the living room area to my small wooden desk. I turned on the lamp and so started my adventure of the pursuit of God. 

It is a great adventure. To open the pages of the Bible and read it like a love letter. To give myself to focused prayer for loved ones, Spring Creek, America and other things He weighs heavy on me. The longing for more of God is a greater than my longing for sleep. The hunger for Him supersedes all else. The unquenchable thirst for Him compels me come closer. To linger longer. His beckoning lures me. His fellowship calls me away from comfort into the secret place. He alone sees what is done in secret. 

I open my old, tattered Bible with faded yellow pages to the book of Acts where I left off yesterday. I have read and preached through this book on many occasions. I trust God to make it fresh this morning. I believe He has something for me to arouse me so early. I am opening the book of life. God's Holy Word. His God breathed, Holy Spirit inspired, sharper than any two-edged sword, living, and active word. What joy to hold His sacred words in my hands. I am humbled to even have access to it when so many around the world have only fragments of it and some have none at all. I will not neglect the treasure of His revelation by leaving it closed and unread. 

Following the reading of His word is the sweetest time of all. Prayer. Not just any prayer. Holy Spirit focused and empowered prayer. I ask His guidance about what He wants me to trust Him for. I seek His power to push through fatigue for my flesh is weak but, the spirit is willing. The Spirit of the living God leads me into seasons of intercession where time is forgotten, irrelevant, and surroundings are lost in lieu of getting caught up with my God. Early do I seek Him. Step by step He leads me. I learn to walk in His ways and to pray for the things on His heart and mind. 

This is communion. Not religious duty. Not an obligation. These early morning sessions are sheer delight. My Master has the right to call me out of bed any time of the night or morning whenever He wants my undivided attention. Even at 1:33 in the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment