Sunday, December 19, 2021

Magical Moments

 Several weeks ago, I was driving home from a ministry trip when a song came on the radio that made me think about Brenda. I sent her a voice text telling her how much I loved her and was counting down the hours until we go to be reunited. It was a magical moment I still treasure. 

It happened again yesterday. She sat in her recliner next to me dozing after a full day of activity. I kept sneaking a glance in her direction to see if she was awake. I discovered she awoke on one of those glances and took in the scene. She sat there with her hair pulled back in a pony tail and few strands hanging over her face. She looked at her phone and did not even notice I was looking in her direction. Then she looked up. Through her glasses, I stared deep into her milk chocolate brown eyes with the dazzling lights of the Christmas tree in the background. I picked up my hands like I was holding a pretend camera and snapped a picture with my heart. A magical moment to be preserved. 

We were driving to lunch after morning worship today when that song I heard a few weeks ago played again. She had never heard it. I listened to it and gazed at her with deep affection. The lines in the song perfectly matched the love I have for her. I sang I to her. Before we got out I quoted the lines to her and told her that summed up how I felt about her. It was another one of those magical moments. Another moment to be treasured and another snap shot of the heart. 

I hope you will do the same in this special seasons of the year. Make and capture some magical moments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment