Monday, December 6, 2021

Pursuing A Dream

 I spent many a year staring out windows daydreaming about all the things I wanted to do as a child. My formal education years are behind me now. I got lost in my own thoughts staring out windows. A habit I kept al the way through college. Classrooms without windows felt like prisons. I sit typing this in my office. Many years have passed. I am still staring out windows daydreaming though. Prayerful daydreaming. Seeking God for His dreams. 

A dream is a like a vision or mental picture held in the imagination. It is invisible to the naked eye but visible through faith to spiritual eyes. When God reveals something He wants to do, we are to give ourselves to the pursuit of that dream. To run hard in labor, prayer, faith walking, and bold obedience. 

There is a measure of grinding day in and day out in the pursuit of a dream. Ask any business owner. Ask any church planter. Consult with competing athletes. There is the grind of getting up early, putting in the work, and waiting for the pay off. Many people dream about accomplishing something. Fewer willingly sacrifice in pursuit of those dreams. People are prone to postpone dreams when the going gets tough. People start school and then drop out when it gets too demanding. People start out in careers and get impatient when they do not advance quickly. Pastors rarely stay in their churches these days very long. They are quick to accept bigger assignments. 

I am in pursuit of a God planted dream. It revolves around what He wants to do at Spring Creek Baptist Church. The dreams planted deep in me will take a lifetime to believe God to achieve. It is a dream worth my pursuit. A dream worth devoting the remaining days of my life to prayerfully trusting God to make become reality. A dream bigger than I ever hope to achieve on my own. A dream that will bring much glory to Him. Some might even it call it an impossible dream. That only fires me up all the more to give my full pursuit to it. God delights to make impossible dreams possible. He enjoys defying the odds. He specializes in doing what others say cannot be done and working through those others have overlooked. 

The pursuit of the Spring Creek dream is a great work. A God glorifying work. A testimony in the making. God is building a miracle church here. I am blessed and humbled to be a part of it. He could have chosen anyone else. For reasons beyond me, He led this church to settle on Brenda and I and then weeded our hearts to this flock. What a delightful joy serving here is. We desire to plant deep roots here and give our remaining days to the pursuit of this dream. A beautiful dream. A dream worthy of my pursuit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment