Saturday, June 27, 2020

Still Believing

I sit here on the eve of the seventh night of the revival. We have enjoyed some wonderful times in the Lord. We have also encountered spiritual warfare. We have expended ourselves in the battle. Prayers have been offered night and day. Now, we come up on the last scheduled night.

We have pleaded for God to do more. I have personally pleaded for God to spread His move to other churches in other towns. We have not received word that has happened. These meetings have not lived up to the things God put in my heart in the months preceding. I am torn. My eyes and my brain tell me we enjoyed some good times in the Lord. I had a son get saved. It was worth it for that alone.

My spirit says something completely different. That God wants to do more. That He holds back for some reason, but at any moment could unleash His great revival move in astounding ways. I have asked the Atens to stay over for tomorrow morning. None of us see any reason to extend the meetings beyond that by what we see as of now.

It is not what I see with my eyes that moves me. It is what I see through the eyes of faith. It is the burden and conviction I carry like a mother carrying a child in the womb. Something to give birth through hard labor. Only in my case, it is giving birth through travailing prayer of a great move of God.

My physical eyes tells me the attendance has been small all week. Yet hundreds watch the service online each night. At last count 256 viewed last night's service. We have never had that many worship in person sicne I have been there. God is doing something. None of us would doubt extending the meetings if those hundreds were present physically in the sanctuary. A lady called me today to testify how God is working in her and her family through these meetings. Due to spiritual warfare she is not able to be there in person. She is one of the hundreds watching online. God is doing something.

Two families from two different churches have attended the meetings almost every night. God has worked in them. Everything in me tells me God is not done. So I come to tonight with expectation and I come in the morning believing God to confirm what He keeps stirring in my heart. I am still believing.  Still believing for more Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment