Saturday, June 27, 2020

Spring Creek Revival Day Six

Two times yesterday I thought I had the message only to change it later. Just before noon I felt a peace in one direction and spent time studying. God preached it to me before I preached it to the church. He does that often.

Just a few miles before arriving at Spring Creek last night I felt unrest about the message. When I pulled into the parking lot another passage came to my mind. In the prayer room, I thumbed through my concordance to find that latest passage. I read through it, but questioned whether that was really the direction. Even after the others joined me for prayer I did not feel settled.

I spent much of the worship time praying. Pleading for God to give me peace. Then Sherman, Tammy and Brooke went into the song, Holy Spirit Rain Down. We sang it as a prayer. I felt more inclined to preach the passage I looked up in the prayer room. I pleaded with God to give me insight. I did not feel prepared and hoped the Atens would continue leading us in worship which they did. I begged for anointing of the mind, mouth and the heart. A prayer I've prayed thousands of times before preaching. Then, it was time.

I preached about the man who took his demon possessed son to the disciples for help but the disciples were unable to cast the demon out. When Jesus showed up he called them an unbelieving generation. The father asked Jesus to help his son if he could. Jesus took offence to the phrase "if you can" and said, "All things are possible to him who believes." Immediately the father asked Jesus to help his unbelief. This story is found in Mark 9.

We saw more people come forward last night to the altar than in any previous service. The sanctuary turned into a battlefield as people went to war in prayer over different issues. I saw people on bended knee last night all across the front. Couples, individuals, guests, members, leaders. I felt last night was a pretty powerful night only topped by my son getting saved a few nights earlier.

God did it again. He gave Sherman the perfect song for the invitation. I learned earlier in the week Sherman does not plan these songs in advance. He listens to the message and follows the leading of the Holy Spirt for the song that best fits. God nailed it in him again. Last night he sang an old song, "God Will Make A Way Where There Seems To Be No Way." We sang that song as a prayer as God worked all across the sanctuary. Many burdens were laid down. Many victories were won. We had hundreds watch the service online, but I don't know if they could feel the presence of God the way we did going to war for people last night in prayer. I sure hope so.

We had several guests last night. There were people there for Sherman's birthday. Friends from years gone by. There were people from Granbury in attendance who ministered with the Atens at the marriage conference we held back in February. We were also blessed to have former pastor and wife Jase and Tami Waller. Jase and Tami were and are beloved in Seminole and just as loved at Spring Creek. It broke the heart of the Spring Creek flock when they felt God calling them to a new ministry. It was Jase who recommended me to Spring Creek. A gift I will cherish forever.

During the invitation, I felt like we needed to have people gather around them to pray over them. When I started talking about how much Brenda and I love the Wallers and how thankful we are for the foundation they laid at Spring Creek we are building on today I got choked up. My voice cracked and I got misty eyed.

When they came to the front, I bet 90% of those in attendance surrounded Jase and Tami laying hands on them and praying. What a beautiful sight and sound. We concluded the evening by singing "God Will Make A Way," one last time.

We enjoyed fellowship with several of those in attendance after the service. In fact, we visited with Jase and Tami until after 11:00 p.m. Which meant we rolled back into our driveway after midnight. Brenda  and I both fell into bed exhausted. That is the reason I did not get this written until later this morning.

Saturday night is the last scheduled service In my heart, I believe God wants to do so much more. I seek Him for direction about extending the meetings through Sunday at least, or if this has run its course. May God give wisdom and clarity as to what He wants. May God give me messages for Saturday night and Sunday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment