Thursday, January 9, 2020

Not Meant For Human Ears

I just heard a beautiful prayer. We open the church from 11:00-1:00 on Thursdays near lunch so people and come and go to pray as their schedules allow. I walked in the sanctuary close to 11:30 a.m. As I prepared to pray, I heard the fervent prayers of another pouring their heart out to God.

The person prayed for family, the country and the Spring Creek church. I distinctly heard prayers lifted up for my family. I just listened for a bit silently humbled to be in the presence of such a great prayer warrior. Such beautiful praying. Prayers not uttered for human ears, but God alone.

When the room cleared later, alone I prayed through music. I sang out to God. Old songs. New ones. Worship not meant for human ears, but God alone. Another form of beautiful praying. Pure authentic worship not hindered by what others might think. Worship and prayers unleashed from deep in the soul.

You probably heard the old saying, "Dance like nobody is watching and sing like nobody is listening." We out to pray and worship like somebody is listening. Not with human ears. Somebody is listening from the other side of eternity. The only  One who can straddle eternity and finite planet Earth.

He listens. He listens for more than the melody. He listens for more than the right pitch on each note. .He listens for more than empty clichés and repetitious phrases void of feeling. He listens for more than the echoes of others voices.  He listens for sincerity. He listens for true faith, adoration, fervency and passion. What does He hear from you day to day? What does He hear from you in private and public worship? May it be a sweet sweet sound in His ears. Prayers and worship not intended for human ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment