Thursday, January 16, 2020

And The Rains Came

I awoke around 4:00 a.m. to the rumbles of thunder. Most of the time I'm flying blind without watching weather forecasts. Not long after, I heard the rain falling. Then I heard it pouring. When I got up to make breakfast later, it had rained hard for the better part of three hours.

Walking to the office gave me an unofficial shower, though it is only a few steps without any covering. It rained most of the morning. It stopped for awhile, but about an hour ago it started raining again.

Not long ago I heard much talk about a drought. Surely this moisture has put a little dent in that. I finally watched a weather forecast where they are predict rain again for tomorrow. While rain is necessary, it can also prove inconvenient. When flash flooding occurs, it can also be dangerous.

There are seasons of life that mirror the weather outside today. We could say and the rain comes and the winds blow. Hard times. Troubling times. Adverse times. Distressing times. Such times come to all.

It is not a matter of if but a matter of when. What do you do when the rain comes? I am talking about the rain of trials and tumultuous troubles? Some fall apart. Others keep a stiff upper lip and trudge ahead. A few crater under the pressure and look for unhealthy coping mechanisms. Sadly,some descend into dark depression from which they struggle to recover.

The person who anchored their souls in Jesus, and sunk their roots deep into the word of God are better equipped to weather the storms of life. They lean on God in days of trouble. [Ps 50:15] They find refuge in the storms of life. [Ps 46:1] They unload their burdens on Jehovah. [Ps 55:22] They are able to persevere. They maintain hope that the storms will not last forever.

Even when the rain comes in your life, there is hope. Read[Psalm 30:5]. Meditate on that truth. And of course, read [Matthew 7:24-27]. I think they will help on those rainy days in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment