Monday, January 14, 2019

Stunned

I have long known that God speaks. I have also experienced periods of His silence. There have been also been other times when it seemed God shouted. Times when He spoke so clearly, so consistently and so powerfully from His word I could not miss His intended message.

This morning was one such morning. I am reading through the Psalms in my devotions and God spoke powerfully through three different passages all with the same emphasis. I meditated on those truths and then started my day. The verses and what they communicated are not nearly as important for you as much as just knowing God speaks through His word. KEEP READING!

Sitting in my office hours later I just received an email. Not just any email. A devotional email sent by a friend. I could not believe my eyes when I started reading and saw the devotional verse. A strong word from the Lord. A verse God has used in my life multiple times. Not only that. A supplemental scripture was equally timely and powerful used in that devotional.

In one half of a day God spoke through His word not once but no less than five times. I sit here typing this stunned.

God was not through. I received a phone call from a dear friend wintering in South Texas. He called to apologize. I had no idea what he needed to apologize for. He and his wife have been used by God to bless my family in many ways. I can't keep up with al the thank you letters I need to write them for all the ways they bless my family. Even hundreds of miles away God used them again. The car I wrote about broke down in my driveway they sent someone to repair it. I just got a phone call from my son that the repairman just finished and the car is operational once again. Hallelujah. Praise God. Glory to Yahweh.

I am stunned.

sstun | stən |
verb (stuns, stunning, stunned) [with object]
knock unconscious or into a dazed or semiconscious state:

Stunned. That God has spoken so clearly today. Stunned that God once again came to our aid through loving and generous brothers and sisters. Stunned that God met me right at my point of need in His word. Stunned that He is so precise. Stunned that He still has the power to lay our needs on anyone's heart in any part of the world and powerful enough to lead them to help us. Man have we ever experienced this in the past and still experiencing it in the present.

All I can say is glory to God. Praise His holy name. Bless Him for His enduring faithfulness. What He has done for me He certainly is able and desires to do for you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment