Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Power Of Persevering Prayer

I just got off the phone with a very excited veteran follower of Jesus. This warrior has walked with Jesus about as long as I have been alive. She knows how to battle in prayer for family and friends. Time and time again over the last several years we have exchanged prayer needs and stood in the gap for one another.

Tonight she called with a huge praise report. She experienced a personal revival at the answer to something she has prayed about for over three and a half decades. Tonight that prayer was answered and she could not contain the joy inside. It spilled over and she had to tell me and others.

I rejoiced with her. I celebrate her long fought prayed out victory. Imagine those long years of praying and the answer being delayed. It would have been easy to lose heart and to give up. Many in similar situations have in much less time. Not this tenacious prayer warrior. She grabbed the promises of God firmly and refused to let go.

Some of you reading this are facing challenges. Yes, I know you have prayed. Prayed for a long time but the breakthrough did not come. Somewhere along the way did you lose heart? May my friend's personal testimony inspire you as it inspires me. Three and a half decades of praying for her were not in vain. The breakthrough came.

Your breakthrough can come if you do not give up. Have you prayed for thirty plus years? Have you refused to give up and to give in? Have you stayed true dogged determined to get your miracle?

I could not help but think of this little verse after talking with my friend. May it encourage all of us to pray harder with perseverance as long as it takes to win the victory.

Luke 18:1 (NKJV)
1  Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart,

No comments:

Post a Comment