Monday, January 14, 2019

Heading Home

It is just about time to head home. I am about to pack up and lock up and make the near 40 mile drive home. It is worth it. There will be a brown eyed brown haired beauty ready to greet me. We will have sumptuous food on the table. I will get to greet my oldest and youngest sons.

I will change into comfy clothes and relax. Brenda and I will talk. I will enjoy pleasant dinner conversation around the table. I have a place at the table. I have a chair in the living room to sit in. I have a home offie to enjoy seeking God in when He awakes me. I have a warm bed to get into when the time comes for a sound night of sleep. Those are just some of the things that make it worth while to go home.

One day I will head to a different home. A far better home. My everlasting home. One day my time on Earth will end. I will be ushered into God's presence and I will go home. A place of no more crying. No more death. No more mourning. A place to know God more fully. A place to worship. A place to fellowship with other saints.

I don't know when I will go to that home. One day I will leave all this behind. My body, loved ones, ministry and possessions. I wholly trust in Jesus on that day as I trusted Him on the day of my salvation. I will finally be eternally home. It will be worth the trip to get there. Just like the trip I am about to take is worth going home tonight. Until then I press on.

No comments:

Post a Comment