Monday, July 23, 2018

Leaning More

Have you ever felt under the gun? Bowed low under tremendous pressure at home and at work? Have you felt exhausted on Monday morning like you did not even have a weekend? Do you feel the time crunch from projects demanding time and attention?

What do you do when you start a new work week just as exhausted and you felt when you finished last week? The good news is we do not have try and work in our own strength. God is our help. He is strength to the weary. He is endurance to the exhausted. He is creativity to the one who cannot think straight. He is patience with one so tired the nerves are frayed and wearing thin with co-workers and family. All of us must lean harder into Him.

If we give Him the best part of our day in private worship it is amazing how efficient He can make us. With Him working through us we can accomplish much more than if we tried to work in our own strength. Our strength is limited. His enables us to be more efficient and effective.

All sorts of verses are popping around in my head like popcorn. Is 41:10. Ps 27:13-14. Phil 4:13. Heb 12:1. Gal 6:9.

Many times over the years I've confessed my weakness and need for God's strength during busy seasons of ministry. Time and time again He has helped me come through. He has empowered me to stay the course. How I bless Him for it.

I am in another one of those busy stretches. Yet His peace and strength are helping me daily. I am pressing through. With Christ I can do all things because He strengthens me. He helps me to keep preaching and teaching. He opens His word with fresh insight. He helps me keep writing. He helps me to keep loving people and sharing the gospel. He helps me shepherd the flock. He is faithful even when I am tired and worn out.

 Thank You God for helping us in our weakness. I do not have to pretend to be strong. I just lean on You more and more. You help me. You help all of us finish projects when quitting would be easier. Thank You God for helping all of us. May we lean on You more and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment