God planted a dream in me as a child to write. That dream has only grown over the past five decades. A couple of decades ago, I was introduced to the world of blogging. I realize most people today prefer podcasts. God called me to write and that is what I do. On this site alone, God has inspired over 1,600 hundred posts. This site has been visited by hundreds of thousands of people.
Just a few short years ago, these blogs were only visited by less than a dozen people per day. I begged God for the day to come when this site would be visited by thousands of people a day from all over the world. God set that dream and inspired that prayer. He also made the dream come true. I can't explain it any other way but God. Now there are thousands of people who read these blogs daily all over the world. It is humbling and I give all glory to God. I'm thankful that He not only gives dreams, but He also makes those dreams come true.
I pray these days for God to get two books I finished this year into print. I have been turned down by multiple traditional publishers. I am looking into self publishing. I believe that the same God who called and inspired me to write both books is the same God who will put them into print when and however He wants. My job is to write what He gives me. His job is to make them available to people.
He planted the dream in me to write books long before I was even saved or called to preach. My primary goal in writing is to glorify God and to help people. In the same way He expanded the reach of these blogs, I ask Him to expand the reach of these books. To get them into the hands of tens of thousands of people all over the world. God can make that dream come true.
I have not been inspired by God to write another book at this point. I wait on Him to birth books in me. When that happens, I will once again sit at this computer and put letters, sentences, paragraphs, and chapters on the printed page. I leave it up to Him what He does with them. Until then I keep writing these posts.
I hope to leave a legacy in my writings. Things that point people to God, the Bible, prayer, faith, and hope. In my pastoral ministry, I can only be in one place at a time. When I die, my earthly ministry does not die with me through these blogs and the books God calls me to write. Many times I wonder if the writings make any difference for people. I hope they do. Writing was a dream God put in my heart as a child. He has only fanned the flame hotter into my adulthood. He gets to determines to the level that dream is realized.
It's not about me. It's not about my name. It's not about my talent. It is all about Him. I adopt the attitude of the John the Baptist in John 3:30. He must increase and I must decrease. He is to be exalted while I am demoted. He is to be praised while my name gets forgotten. He is to be made a big deal of daily. I'm to be made a less deal of daily. I do not seek fame or fortune. I seek to be His vessel. I sit in faith knowing that the God who gives the dream is also the God who makes the dream come true.
No comments:
Post a Comment