Friday, June 3, 2022

He Will Not Fail Me

 During the invitation last night we sang a song with the lyrics, "You have not failed me yet. You will not fail me now." I really do not remember the rest of the words. I sat there taking in those words as if God was speaking them directly to me. Like there was no-one else in the room. The more I listened to His voice through that song, the more excited I grew about what God is doing to do in this church. Not an emotional exuberance. A triumphant joy that defies explanation. One that originated in a fresh encounter with Jehovah. 

He is on the move. I feel it deep in my spirit. I feel something stirring down in my bones. This gnawing reality that God is taking us to places we have never been before. Do I trust what my eyes see? Do I go with what the Spirit in my soul impresses on me? The Spirit of God is brooding over this place. You cannot see it. You may not even feel it. If you walk in tune with God you can sense it. The weight of His presence has been felt during invitations as the people sit quietly before Him in prayer, reflecting on hard hitting Bible truth. Complete silence falls over the congregation. There is not rustling. A holy hush falls over all of us. 

We are often uncomfortable with the silence. Somebody feels like they have to jump up and say or sing something to fill the dead space. It is in these still quiet moments when God does some of His deepest work. Like a mechanic tweaking an engine, a carpenter repairing a building, a doctor bandaging a wound, and a drill instructor preparing troops for battle, God is doing all those things in us. Preparing us for greater levels of ministry effectiveness. 

The plans for these Camp Meetings started nearly three years ago in the prayer room with an encounter with God. I felt deeply impressed on that day God intended to send real revival to Spring Creek. Over the last 34 months with deep travailing prayer, I have gone through seasons of confidence, doubt, conviction, repentance, renewal, and resolve to believe God for that revival. Hundreds of hours of intercessions have been poured into this. Months of preparation work aligned our hearts with God's heart. There has been repentance. Spiritual warfare has been the worst I have encountered in thirty years of pastoral ministry. Not just in my family. Experienced by people all over the church. There have also been distractions and disappointments along the way. Yet here we are. Meeting, believing, and expecting the breakthrough at any time now. 

Through it all, God has not failed me yet and He will not fail me now! His will and purpose will be accomplished. Spring Creek will be revived. It will spread to other churches. Lost souls will be saved. Greater things are to be done in this city. That is what I believe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment