Friday, April 1, 2022

After God's Own Heart

 The journey has been hard and the pilgrimage long, 
Often tearful pleas for help have been my only song, 
Heavy burdens have oppressively weighed me down, 
When comfort, peace and relief could not be found, 
Through it all I have remained after God's own heart, 
This passionate pursuit following hard I can't depart, 
There have been glorious God encounters I can recall, 
Times when His presence my heart and soul enthralled, 
There's also been times of pain and enormous grief,
When only God could bring my soul needed relief,
Times when the following led up difficult mountains, 
Where my parched soul drank deeply of His fountain, 
An adventure of faith I find hard to fully explain, 
To other pilgrims never needing grace to sustain, 
Following hard after God's heart my only mission, 
Passionately pursuing an Uzziah heavenly vision,
It has not been an easy path to walk or to pursue, 
When after God's heart - it's my heart that's renewed,
I pen words much too difficult to clearly communicate, 
Of experiences that only the Holy Spirit can enunciate, 
Understood by those with a common kindred spirit, 
Others repeatedly reject because how they so fear it, 
After God's own heart is not a journey for weak, 
Who the path of least resistance - what they seek, 
After God's heart an adventure beyond explanation, 
Leading to contented soul satisfying destinations,
No other pursuit is worthy of my full devotion, 
To encompass the full depth of all my emotions, 
Joy, grief, sorrow, gratitude all in a soul satisfied,
After God's heart in pursuit to be fully sanctified. 



No comments:

Post a Comment