Wednesday, December 2, 2020

The Trilogy

 I know many who read what I am about to write will find it hard to believe. It will be easily dismissed. What I write is true. I can prove it. You can see the tangible of proof. Having said that, I find it hard to believe myself. 

God completed the trilogy of our three year faith saga in trusting Him for three vehicles with no debt. I picked up the last one yesterday. A white Sonata. Three prayer requests. Three years. Three vehicles. Tucker commented last night, "Our drive way looks like a used car lot." I admit the addition of three vehicles has made parking a little more interesting. Turner finally got his own vehicle. He told Brenda last night, "I am so happy." God blessed. God saw our faith and responded with His faithfulness. Glory to God. 

God completed the trilogy. A white Tundra truck. A charcoal grey Yukon. A white Sonata. All without any debt. All glory to God. The proof is in my driveway. You can see them. You can put your hands on them. I drove each one of those vehicles home. It is a testament of a great God answering prayer in His timing. 

They are not brand new vehicles. Not one time did I ever ask God for brand new vehicles. Not because I don't believe that He could provide them just as easily as He provided the used ones. We did not need brand new vehicles. We are content with His provision. In each case, we had peace God provided and felt content in the vehicles He blessed us with. Everyone of those vehicles has over 150,000 miles on them. That does not cause us concern. We have driven older vehicles and racked up more than double that amount of miles in the past. God is capable of making vehicles last longer just as easily as He can provide new ones. 

With all that said, the trilogy is complete. God did it. Some doubted. Many skeptics surfaced. I sit here typing this to testify God did it. He did what many would say is impossible. He provided the money to purchase those vehicles in miraculous ways. He guided us to the right person selling the vehicles. The same guy for all three. He shut other doors but opened doors for these three vehicles wide. 

I will think of this trifecta of miracles as the trilogy. I do not have time to sit back resting on my laurels. There are other things to believe God for. Big things. Impossible things. Improbable things. There are mountains to see moved. There are other provisions to secure. More prayers of faith to offer. More testimonies to build. 

Seven years ago I sat down at the title company to sign the papers on the loan for our home in Runaway Bay. The lady showed us the payment schedule and said, "Your house will be paid off on...," and she named the date. I replied, "No. God will pay it off sooner." Since that day I have regularly asked God to pay this house off completely debt free. Why?

Brenda and I have a dream to be totally debt free so we can leverage more of our money in building the Kingdom of God. We want to be financially free to give more, not hoard more. Free to bless others as God has used many people to bless us over the years. Free to share our resources with those in need as people have done for us. 

The trilogy is finished. It proved to be the greatest faith challenge of my journey. I see even bigger ones ahead. I have already made requests for these. The stage is set for God to get more glory. While I rejoice in the trilogy, there is much more to believe God to do. 

Let me conclude with this, God is not finished yet. In days to come, I will have many more things to brag on God for doing. Skeptics will still surface. Doubters will still doubt. God will silence them all again just like He did with the trilogy. At the end of my life as people attend a memorial service, I have one hope. That people will say, "That is what God can do through and for a man who has faith that nothing is impossible with God."  TO GOD BE THE GLORY. What He has done for my family, He can also do for any of you. Never stop believing. Mark 11:23-24. John 14:14.

No comments:

Post a Comment